If you've ever lost a pet you know how frightening and frustrating it can be. Let's work together to avoid this experience as well as help you get your lost pet back home using Second Chance's lost pet prevention resources:
Ideally, your pet remains safely and securely at home. But let's face it, even the best most highly trained pets will sometimes go astray. So, the most important thing you can do is provide adequate identification on your pet. This comes in two forms:
- A secure collar with up to date and visible tags that have your information present.
- A microchip, again with up to date information, registered in a searchable database.
We cannot stress this enough! Tags and microchips with out of date information are as valuable as no tags or microchips at all. Keep your contact information current and accurate!
Lost a Pet?
Quick action increases the probability of your pet being found! Contact Second Chance, local law enforcement, and local veterinarians to report a missing pet immediately.
Local Law Enforcement
- Ridgway Marshall: (970) 626-5196
- City of Ouray Police: (970) 325-7068
- Ouray County Sherriff: (970) 325-7272
- Telluride Marshall & Animal Control: (970) 728-3818
- San Miguel Sherriff: (970) 728-1911 & (970) 327-4291 (Norwood)
- West End of Montrose County/Nucla Communications: (970) 864-7333
- Naturita Animal Control: (970) 865-2286
- Nucla Marshal: (970) 864-7601
- Mesa Animal Control (Grand Junction): (970) 242-4646
Ouray County Veterinarians
- Ridgway Animal Hospital: (970) 626-5001
- Dally Veterinary Medicine LLC: (970) 318-0897
San Miguel County Veterinarians
- Telluride Veterinary Clinic: (970) 728-4461
- San Miguel Veterinary Clinic: (970) 327-4279
Montrose Area Veterinarians
- San Juan Veterinary Clinic: (970) 249-4490
- Montrose Veterinary Clinic: (970) 249-5469
- Morning Star Veterinary Clinic: (970) 249-8022
- Alta Vista Animal Hospital: (970) 249-8185
Local Radio Stations (free "lost pet" bulletins)
- KURA (Ouray/Ouray County) (970) 325-7289
- KVNF (Paonia/Montrose/Ouray County) (970) 527-4866
- KOTO (Telluride/San Miguel) (970) 728-4334
- KWGL (Montrose) (970) 240-3636
- KKXK (Montrose) (970) 249-4546
- KSTAR (Montrose) (970) 254-2100
- KJOY (Grand Junction) (970) 254-2144
- Humane Society of Western Colorado (Grand Junction): (970) 243-8823
- Colorado Department of Wildlife: (970) 252-6000
- Ridgway State Park: (970) 626-5822
- Montrose Animal Shelter: (970) 240-1487
- Roice Hurst Humane Society (Grand Junction): (970) 434-7337