For the safety and well-being of you and your foster pet we have developed the following guidelines that can help you to best care for your foster pet. If you have any questions or concerns relative to your ability to utilize these guidelines, please speak with the foster care coordinator.
I agree to hold Second Chance Humane Society harmless from any direct or consequential damages arising out of this foster care agreement and to abide by the following conditions:
As a foster parent “Foster” you agree that:
- Foster is over 18 years old.
- We encourage Fosters to promote their adoptable pet on social media and market their pet however, Foster understands that their foster pet is to be in their care and control at all times. SCHS will help coordinate visits with potential adopters.
- Pet/s will not stay overnight at any other location without a boarding or training plan approved by SCHS.
- Pets will be transported in travel crates inside the foster’s vehicle.
- Pets will be on leash when off foster’s property.
- All SCHS assets (food, collar, leash, tag, crates, etc) will be returned to SCHS when the dog or cat is adopted or returned to the shelter.
- If you are a home renter, be sure your landlord is aware of and approves your fostering a dog or cat.
- SCHS remains the sole guardian of the foster pet.
- SCHS will pay for all food and other resources necessary for caring for pets.
- Foster agrees to feeding and medication schedules reviewed when obtaining the pet.
- The foster pet shall be returned to SCHS upon request.
- Foster agrees to provide food, water, shelter, and TLC to the foster pet and to follow all medical instructions.
- If the foster pet becomes sick, is injured, or runs away, Fosterwill call SCHS immediately and arrange for the SCHS Medical Director to see the pet.
- Foster's personal pets are all current on all vet recommended vaccines and spayed or neutered.
- Foster understands that many animal viruses (Parvo, etc) have an incubation period of 7-14 day, and that personal pets may be at risk of contracting a contagious virus. Foster accepts that risk and the responsibility of treatment if necessary, at personal expense.
- I understand all time schedules for the return of foster pets are dependent upon space available in the shelter.
Foster/Volunter Waiver & Release
By signing below, I hereby agree to accept a position as a Volunteer for the Second Chance Humane Society (herein after referred to as “SCHS”), and in so doing, I agree to familiarize myself and comply with all of the policies and procedures which may be established from time to time by SCHS. In particular, I fully understand that SCHS expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of animals in its care. I will adhere to these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer. I understand that SCHS, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason.
I acknowledge that my services are provided strictly on a volunteer basis, without any pay or compensation of any kind, and without liability of any nature on behalf of SCHS, independent SCHS venues and locations. All services will be performed at my own risk and as a volunteer I am not covered by the insurance or worker’s compensation of the organization.
I recognize that in handling animals and performing other volunteer tasks there exists a risk of injury, including physical harm caused by animals. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless SCHS, it’s directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all claims, causes of action, or demands of any nature or cause, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my Volunteer activities on behalf of SCHS, including but not limited to animal bites, accidents, or injuries. I also acknowledge that I am responsible for all medical bills for any accident or injury that may occur during my volunteer services.
I understand that public relations is an important part of volunteering at SCHS and I hereby allow SCHS to use any photographs of me for public relations purposes.